You know how sometimes you have the feeling you should go this way or stop here and you never really find out why? Yesterday I had one of those thoughts, but I found out why.
Yesterday, I felt like I should stop at the JC Penny in West Valley on my way home to exchange some stuff I'd bought a while ago but haven't worn. Weird, but ok since it saved me a trip down to Sandy. After waiting on traffic to make my turns and waiting in line at the store, it put me a good 10-15 minutes behind of when I thought I'd arrive at the State St exit where I was going to get off to do some errands.
When I got close to State St to get off the exit, traffic was backed up both on the exit and on the freeway. I decided to got off anyway and was at the end of a long line when I suddenly noticed flashing lights on TWO ambulances, a fire truck and a couple of police cars. Since I was going to have to pass all of the emergency vehicles, I decided to get off the off ramp and just go home. As I made my way under the bridge, there was another police vehicle blocking a lane and a police man was walking up the embankment.
I looked behind at the street as I came out the other side of the bridge and saw a Student Driver vehicle crashed into the railing, a mini van's front/side total crunched, and another car in front of the van, back totally crunched in.
As I saw this mess with people everywhere picking stuff up off the road, and people getting looked at by EMTs words came to me, "You would have been up there, too." Then, I had the thought that there are things I have to do in the near future.
Thank goodness for inspired thoughts to do things we don't always understand!
2 comments:
What a neat story. The Lord really does watch over us, even when we feel like he doesn't care. Love you!
WOW! You were definitely watched over! Way to be in tune!
Post a Comment