Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pomp & Circumstance

Last week I came home from school to find this stuck in my door:


Earlier, at lunch that day, my friend and I were talking about how getting a degree in the mail is a hugely anti-climactic moment. Her husband suggested they play "Pomp & Circumstance" as she opened her envelope but she declined. Thinking that was a fun idea and since I was all alone when I found mine (meaning I couldn't get embarrassed by how I chose to celebrate), I actually got onto iTunes, downloaded the song, and played "the graduation song" as I opened the most expensive envelope I have ever received!


This is how it looked:




For another take on getting a degree by doing it on-line:

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Congrats! That's awesome!!

Rachael said...

I've never seen that SNL clip--funny!

OK--I have to tell you: I loved the deep breath you took before opening it, but you didn't even look at the diploma before showing the rest of us. Have you seen it yet? As far as I could tell, they did spell your name right. Congrats! You're a nut!